Valerie is a Clinical Psychologist, currently consulting on Wednesdays at Gippsland Consulting Suites. Valerie has a PhD/Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology from the University of Melbourne, and she is registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). She is also a member of the Australian Psychological Association (APS) and the Australian Clinical Psychologist Association (ACPA).
Valerie has a wide clinical experience across the lifespan, ranging from older children, adolescents and adults, and can assist individuals with concerns about their mental health in the following areas:
- Depression and anxiety (general excessive worries, panic attacks, social anxiety, phobias, obsessions and compulsions)
- Stress management (related to work, study, family or marital relationships)
- Trauma and loss (post-traumatic stress, grief and loss)
- Health issues (adjustment to illness and health concerns, pain management, insomnia, sexual dysfunction, eating disorders)
- Relationship and interpersonal issues (family and couple relationship difficulties, coping with life transition, assertiveness and positive communication, confidence and self-esteem)
- In addition, Valerie has an interest in psychology related to middle-age women’s mental health and psychological issues relating to the menopause, the topic of her PhD thesis.